How much power does my system need?
Unfortunately, there is not a single answer to this question, because the many system components depend on the computer’s power consumption. The main processor and graphic cards need the most electricity. In order to identify the power consumption of the processor, Intel and AMD offer special information websites.
What does PSU efficiency mean?
In times when energy prices are steadily rising, the „efficiency of power supply units” subject matter moves closer into the foreground. The efficiency represents the ratio between the input and the output power. A power supply which has an efficiency of 80% transforms 80% of the input power into output power for the computer hardware and the remaining 20% into waste heat. The lower the thermal dissipation loss is, the lower the heat development will be within the case. You not only save energy, but the computer operates at a low noise level.
I installed my PSU, but my PC will not boot.
Is the power cable plugged-in? Please check if the power supply cord is connected and if the power switch is turned on. Are all cables connected properly? Please check that all peripheral parts are connected properly.
Locate errors correctly.
Turn the power switch off and unplug the main power supply. Disconnect all cables from hard drives, CD and DVD drives. Dismount all non-required PCI or PCI-E cards. Plug-in the PSU power cable again and turn on the PSU power switch. Try to reboot your PC.
If your PC was rebooted without problems, you can start reinstalling the remaining hardware. Check the system start after installing each component! This procedure will help detect potential errors. If you suspect that a hardware component has an error, try the device individually in the PC. If the device operates individually, then this means that your PSU does not have enough power to supply all of your hardware components. In this case, either replace your PSU with a stronger one or replace the component with one that needs less power. If the device does not operate individually, then there is probably a hardware failure.
A short circuit occurred! Is my PSU damaged?
Unplug the power cable and wait a few minutes (about 2-3 minutes). Plug-in the power cable again. The PC should reboot now.
Demount and mount your PSU properly:
1. Unplug the PSU power cable
2. Open the left side of your PC case
3. Loosen all connections from mainboard and peripherals
4. Remove the four screws holding the PSU case
5. Take the PSU carefully out of the case
1. Screw the new Xilence PSU to where the old one was positioned
2. Reconnect all mainboard and peripheral cables
3. Close the case and plug-in the PSU power cable